- Organic Nuthatch Bread in a bread machine
- Lark Apple Crumble
- White Bread by hand
- Wholemeal Crisp Bread
- Spicy Tomato bread
Organic Nuthatch Bread
A really tasty loaf. Great for a ploughmans lunch.
- 320ml Water
- 500g 'Nuthatch' Flour Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter or oil
- 2 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
- Pour water into bread pan, sprinkle over flour, add salt, sugar and butter in seperate corners. Make a small indent in the centre of the flour and add yeast.
- Set Machine on wholemeal setting and start.
- Wheninished, remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
- TIP: If its a little heavy for your tastes try substituting some of the nuthatch flour for Strong White.
Lark Apple Crumble
A delicious crumble.
- 1kg Apples, peeled cored and slices
- 60g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 250g 'Lark Flour Mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 90g Butter
- 150g light Musovado Sugar
- Put apples, 60g of suagr and water into a saucepan and cook gently until soft, then transfer apples into an oven proof dish.
- Mix the Lark flour mix and baking powder in a bowl and rub in the butter with fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the Sugar.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180oC (gas mark 4) for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot with ice cream or cream.
Wholemeal Crisp Breads
Makes nice light tasty crisp breads. Makes 16.
- 120ml of Milk
- 250g Strong Wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 50g butter
- Heat milk in a saucepan witht he butter, over a low heat until the butter has melted.
- Sift together the flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Pour the warm milk over the flour mixture and stir gently into a firm, but smooth dough, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 16 rectangles. Arrange on a baking sheet. prick each with a folk several times.
- Bake in a preheated oven 108oC (Gas mark 4) for about 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- TIP: delicious made with spelt flour.
Spicy Tomato Bread
Great made into batches for beefbergers or cheese sandwiches.
Follow the White bread recipe, but substitute 4tbsp of water for Worcestershire sauce and 8 drops of Tabasco Sauce.